The Club trains people, not dogs, so to progress you will benefit most from 1-2 minute training periods several times daily with your dog.
By becoming a member you agree to abide by the organisation's house rules.
Please feel free to ask for assistance from a Committee Member or an Instructor at any time.
- Attend the obligatory introductory class without your dog present. If advised by the instructor, please attend another introductory class;
- Wear name tag at all times whilst training;
- Be on time for class;
- Listen to your instructor;
- Feel free to discuss with the Instructors, any problems you are having with your dog;
- Be patient with your dog;
- Wear comfortable and practical clothing (eg, gym/walking shoes, no thongs, no loose fitting/flapping clothing, no handbags) when training;
- Advise your instructor if your dog bites or is bitten by another dog;
- Monitor weather conditions and be aware of your dog's distress, eg: working/walking dogs in extreme heat or cold;
- Give your dog space. For nervous/aggressive behaviour you can train further apart from the others;
- Ask an instructor for day-use of the "I need my space" vest in class;
- Volunteer for your club for tasks, fun days, committee work, etc. Note this is a volunteer club and it needs your support.
- Don't leave a child aged 12 years and below unattended (ie Parent/guardian must be present on the ground whilst the Junior member is attending class);
- No dog is permitted to enter the grounds unless on lead;
- You must clean up if your dog fouls the ground or clubhouse;
- Don't wear someone else's name tag;
- Don't smoke in class or when training your dog;
- Don't be cruel in any manner to your dog;
- Don't bring your dog to class if it is sick or on heat;
- Don't leave dogs unattended in cars for long periods especially in the heat.